Sunday 10th August 2008
During their stay with us this summer we offered to take Anna and Thomas to Anglesea to show them some beaches.  After visiting Doreen on Sunday morning we set off.  Stopped for  coffee in Betsy Coed. Parked near the Glyders for Anna and Thomas to take photographs. Arrived at Hotel Cymyran at 6.00 pm. After dinner Anna and Thomas went for a walk along the beach.

Monday, 11 August 2008
6.35 Off for a walk along the road towards the sea. Walked along the side of the Little Sea and saw Curlews, Oyster Catchers and Stonechats. There was a cool breeze and the scenery looked inviting but not for a swim. On the way back we saw a flock of about forty Curlews in a field looking distinctly like a flock of geese. A shotgun blast from somewhere nearby sent them wheeling into the sky. An amazing sight I have never seen so many before.

10.00 Left the hotel and went to Holyhead to look round. Didnít bother to get out of the car. Not a pleasant looking place. Very much like being on Portland Bill. From there we went to Amlwch across country. We stopped at Lligwy Beach so that Anna and Thomas could make use of the big wide strand. Hardly anybody there. Thomas went paddling.

Anna and Thomas on the beach

Anna and Thomas on the beach


From there we visited a number of other beaches. At Red Warf Bay we took some more photos and had a cup of coffee. On to Baumaris where we had a quick look at the Castle.

Red Warf Bay

From there a short drive to Chester where we had to sort out where to stay. Anna and Thomas stayed in a B&B on the Hoole Road and we stayed at The Queen Hotel.

anna and beryl

Anna and Beryl in the Wedding Photo Chair at The Queen Hotel

Tuesday, 12 August 2008
10.00 Met up with Anna and Thomas and walked around the town.

A street corner in Chester

Drove to the Peak district. Showed them Ashford in the Water and then went the short distance up the road Monsall Head where we all had an ice cream which meant that we really were on holiday.

Monsall Head

The view at Monsall Head


From there we went on to Chatsworth where they took a few photographs of the house and then we came back to The Hawthorns via Beeley Moor.